In prepping for our talks, it was a great experience to reflect on the nature of wine blogging and how and why we do it. You’ll find a lot of our notes and posts by seminar participants at the ad hoc blog we created for the session: Wine Bloggers Unite.
One of the posts that seemed to resonate with participants was the golden rules to blog by:
1) remember that all blogs — wine and otherwise — are vanity blogs.
2) tell the truth and write “what you feel.”
3) avoid negativity and write about things that you do like.
4) engage in collegiality, solidarity, and camaraderie.
5) follow your palate and listen to your heart.
As one participant Tweeted during the talk, “it’s all about love, community, and finding our humanity.”
No hat[e]orade here! :)
Another series of posts that seemed to resonate with participants was our classification of wine blog types:
1) institutional wine blogs
2) commercial wine blogs
3) professional wine blogs
4) pure wine blogs