My first wine list gets the thumbs up from LA Times

Photo by Ricardo DeAratanha, Los Angeles Times.

You can imagine that it gave me great joy to read that restaurant reviewer S. Irene Virbila gave my first wine list the thumbs up in today’s LA Times review of Sotto in Los Angeles.

Click here to read the review.

9 Responses to My first wine list gets the thumbs up from LA Times

1. Evan Dawson says:

The description is exactly what I would have anticipated from your list, Jeremy. Do you aspire to do many more? And how difficult was it to create this one?

2. Dana says:

Awesome!! And that pizza looks divine.

Thanks, guys, for the kind words.

@Dana, family trip to LA? :) I know Marty would really enjoy this place. See you soon back in Texas. (Posting today from the Thessaloniki airport!)

@Evan, this list was a real challenge: there’s not as many Southern Italian wines available in California as there are in New York. And when it came to the short list of Californian wines, I used only natural winemakers. And yes, I’d LOVE to do more gigs like this. SUPER fun… and the food at Sotto is great… (btw, so psyched to see you in October!)

4. katieparla says:

Bravissimo Jeremy! Te lo meriti:) I hope to make it to Sotto someday to try your selections. I dont see them on the site yet but ill check back. ciao!

5. is delicious: the pizza has the colors of Italy and you eat with the eyes. good cooking, it is definitely very good.

6. tracie p says:

good job baby!! i can attest to the awesomeness of the list, and the food!

7. Congratulations Jeremy! Can’t wait to get there. Let me know when you will be back and I will bring the hubby so you two can meet.

8. orangewesley says:

Congratulations Jeremy…that’s the kind of stuff PawPaws like to see the daddy of their grandbaby doing…

9. rstark says:

Complimenti!!! And having been there last month I can say that both the food and wine list as authentic as any Italian in SoCal.